Have you ever made sweets with matcha powder? The matcha flavor evokes the image of fresh greenery, and the contrast between the green of the matcha dough inside and the white of the powdered sugar outside is so cute.
Level: Easy Yield: 21 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (160 g) all-purpose flour or cake flour
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) matcha powder
- 1/4 cup (50 g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (50 g) powdered sugar, to the dough
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup and 1 Tbsp (75 g) coconut oil (or other vegetable oil)
- Powdered sugar, to coat (about 1/2 cup)
- Make the dough: Sift all ingredients except oil for the dough (flour, matcha, almond flour, powdered sugar, and salt) in a large bowl and mix.
Then, add oil in the bowl and combine with a spatula. Add more oil if you hold a little dough with a hand, and it falls apart.
- Preheat the oven to 340 °F (170 °C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into balls: Form the dough into balls slightly smaller than 1 inch (2.5 cm) and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake and cool: Bake for 17 minutes. Make the cookies to cool completely on a baking sheet.
- Dust in powdered sugar: Put powdered sugar for dusting in a plastic bag, add 3 or 4 cookies each and shake the bag gently to dust them.
- About ”Matcha green tea”:
Matcha green tea is fragrant, mellow and slightly bitter, with a beautiful bright green color. It is made of the unique tea leaves that have been grown and covered with a shield for about 20 days to reduce bitterness. Only new leaves of these are picked, steamed, dried, and ground into a powder by a stone mill.